The fifth car to carry the Longtail name, the new convertible fully embodies the McLaren Longtail philosophy of increased power, reduced weight, optimised aerodynamics, track-focused dynamics and limited availability.
In addition, it brings a new dimension of excitement over the 600LT Coupé, without compromise to the dynamic purity of the most performance-focused car in the Sports Series line-up: a retractable hardtop to give the choice of open-air driving.
“The McLaren 600LT Spider adds a new dimension of excitement to the most extreme model in the Sports Series family, while losing none of the Longtail focus.” Mike Flewitt, Chief Executive Officer, McLaren Automotive
- New 600LT Spider combines acclaimed track-honed dynamic excellence of 600LT Coupé with added exhilaration of open-air driving
- Fifth car to carry the Longtail (LT) name
- Maintains McLaren Longtail ethos of increased power, reduced weight, optimised aerodynamics, absolute driver engagement, track-focused dynamics and limited availability
- Top-exit exhausts introduced with Coupé also feature on Spider, further amplifying aural and visual excitement, especially when the roof or rear window are down
- At least 80kg lighter than competition, with just 50kg premium over 600LT Coupé for lightest dry weight of 1,297kg; no additional strengthening required to maintain full structural rigidity
- 100kg* weight reduction over 570S Spider at DIN weight evidences determination to minimise weight of an LT model, benefitting dynamic finesse and overall performance
- 600PS and 620Nm from 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine; power-to-weight ratio of 463PS/tonne at lightest dry weight underpins remarkable performance
- Acceleration on par with 600LT Coupé: 0-100km/h (62mph) identical at 2.9 seconds; 0-200km/h (124mph) in 8.4 seconds is just 0.2 seconds slower. Top speed of 324km/h (201mph)
- Bespoke Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tyres for track-focused dynamics and enhanced engagement
- Limited volume; all cars hand-assembled at the McLaren Production Centre in Woking, Surrey, England