Ingolstadt/Shenzhen, June 5, 2018
With the imposing Singleframe in octagonal design, the Audi Q8 is the new face of the Q family. The brawny radiator grille stands upright and, together with the spoiler that has been drawn toward the front and the large, highly contoured air inlets, emphasizes a self-confident look. The Audi Q8 exudes sporty dynamics and upscale prestige like no other SUV from the brand with the four rings.
The SUV coupe is wider, shorter and lower than its Q7 sister model. It offers a spacious interior that beats of its direct competitors in most relevant dimensions, including interior length and headroom. With a three-seat system in the rear longitudinally adjusting upon request.
- LED headlights illuminate the road, with HD Matrix LED technology available as an option, with remote operation using the myAudi app
- Purely mechanical centre differential that transfers the forces to the axle with the best traction.
- 254mm ground clearance, short overhangs and hill descent control.
- New mild hybrid technology (MHEV), provides super-efficient all drive system.
- Luggage capacity of almost 1.8m3 .
- MMI touch response operating concept, allowing nearly every function to be accessed via two large displays.
- Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System delivering fascinating 3D sound and full infotainment system.
The interior central element is dominated by the top MMI touch response display. With its black-panel look, it almost dissolves into a large, black surface when switched off. All elements refer logically to one another, from the flat air vent strip to the wide console on the centre tunnel bearing the tiptronic selector lever. Options including customized contour seats with massage function and ventilation, four-zone automatic air conditioning and the air quality package further enhance the elegant ambiance. The instruments are shown on the fully digital Audi HD 12.3in virtual cockpit controlled using the multi-function steering wheel.
Whether parking, in the city or on long journeys – the Audi Q8 supports its driver in many situations. Among the systems contributing here are the adaptive cruise assist, efficiency assist, crossing assist, lane change warning, curb warning and 360o cameras. The remote garage pilot, which will follow in early 2019, guides the SUV into a garage and back out again autonomously using the myAudi app. Behind all these features is the central driver assistance controller. That continuously computes a differentiated model of the surroundings and uses this to manage the assistance systems.
More information: Audi.com